Thursday, August 2, 2018

Ireland Day Twelve - Part One

Day Twelve was a big day. The first part was very fun and cool, running around the northern most point of the island of Ireland, crossing into the Republic of Ireland for most of the day, blasting my three K-Pop songs (Winners Everyday (dance practice version), Island (dance practice version) and Love Me Love Me (dance practice version ) at full blast with the windows rolled down. 

I found a city, like an honest to goodness city. I wanted another fry up and to my surprise I found something I never would have heard about. A walled city from the 1500's I think... I have things to do... so just a quick stop.





This is the last place of the seven I will visit from the website. I was trying to figure out a way to get to Belfast to see it and an old British Garden, but there just wasn't enough time.











There is a small museum at the foot of the hill and this was in the parking lot! 
Malin Head
The northern most point of the island of Ireland. 









There are worse places to meditate.










There are these brown road signs that are a spiral, and another that say '100'. This is the '100' road map.


My tiny rental car. 


On the way back down the pass, I came upon a local bus. he made me back up to a pull off cause we couldn't pass each other. FUN!!








The nice thing about traveling on your own is that you see a sign and can just turn to see what is going on. That is how I found the Glenevin Waterfall.

It is like he knew I was come to visit, when I pulled up he was full charge at the fence and skidded to a stop talking to me.

Love these flowers.

The local "girlscout troop" added fairy houses all over the landscape. it is fun to look for them.








One of the fairy houses.

If you can see, the roots are very dramatic in that they look like pencils sticking down.

Fairy house.

If you haven't noticed I can't ignore a waterfall.



Saying goodbye.

All of the restaurants will give you flavored water with your meal, no charge. I am now addicted. Please tell me I can't get this at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment