Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Ireland Day Eleven

All along my trip I have been doing a specific meditation from the book "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" by Dr. Joe Dispenza. At this point in my trip I was about to do the work to start the second week of meditation. This work did not go well. I was doing all the avoidance in my arsenal, falling asleep, reading on my kindle, eating, but nothing healthy for me like walking or going for a drive. This is a great example of Boof when she is depressed. 

A few of you know I struggle with depression, but when it hits it can be very bad (I am never suicidal, luckily). I am really skilled at faking it, always looking or acting happy. I do tell people I am having a bad day, normally with a big smile on my face. I know it is hard to see it on me, but it is there.

I was determined to get through this day because my whole Ireland plan was to meditate. I was gentle with myself, gave myself the time needed, but I finished the work and the meditation by the end of the day and felt much better. Facing emotional scars is not easy work, but it brings me to a whole new level of happiness. Luckily over the past month I have finished all the work and am on week four (three and four being very easy for me to process). I would recommend the book if you are in the place to make changes to yourself. 

Before I started the work I went to Friels Historic Pub for Sunday brunch. It was delicious. This is where you get the Good Guinness near Gavagh, and it was definitely sub par to the Harbour Bar, but better than anything I have had in America. Sigh. 

Advertisements in the rest room.


This is the entrance to the bar. They have a dining room to the right and the pub is directly ahead.


This is the middle ground with the fireplace, to the left is a small bar for the women to order their drinks. and a door leading to the beer garden. These two gents are watching a field hockey game on the TV. England just won their match in the World Cup, so... woo! The door on the right beyond goes into the men's section. The gender seating is not enforced anymore, but when I arrived late the night before the men were in the men's section, the women were in the women's and the middle ground was empty in a very busy bar. I didn't ask.
This is the women's side of the pub. You walk throught he men' side, past the median and this section is on a bit of a pedestal.
When I got back to my room, it was such a nice day I left the doors open to get a nice breeze. I was warned this would happen. So cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment