Monday, July 16, 2018

Norway Day Four Part 2 - Atlantic Ocean ighway

Day four was so chockablock I had to break it up into two parts. There were over 100 pics of Geirangerfjord after all, it made me tired.

Now on to The Atlantic Ocean Road! This was the first place I learned about the northeastern coast of Norway, and is why I decided to stay in Ålesund for the week. Now the road itself is great but one specific bridge is amazing, but the surrounding miles are super cool too. You don´t have to too many miles to see wonderful islands to climb around on, or burial mounds to realize you are standing on.


Don`t know what these places are called, so Stop 1:
After hours of driving and an amazing ferry ride, who wants to hike around at the coast?? Boof Does!





Thought I might need proof that I actually went.

Stop 2:








This is an Australian thing. When they go for a hike, they log in the date, their name, where they are from, and how many are in their group, so if they become lost, the rescuers know what to look for. This has become a popular "game" to do all over Europe.




I really wish I had kid friends to frolic in this field with me.

Yes, I am hiking in Teva`s so sue me. Yes, it is 54 degrees, rainy and windy. I run hot!

Rough Translation - In memory of the dead on the sea.
The thoughts go to all those who traveled, but never came home.
Donated by Averøy Fisheries Team in 2000.


The way the Norwegians build into the side of a hill, but make it un-see-able in terms of the natural landscape... amazing. 

The only sign of mining I saw in Norway.
Stop 3:












Funny story about this one, if you realize how WooWoo/Spiritual I am and want to hear it, let me know.
Explanation of the two photos above. Burial mounds.

Explanation of the art photos above.




So, to make a broad statement, there are five paint colors for houses in Norway, White, Blue,charcoal grey, red, and this beautiful yellow. I want to paint our house in Tucson this color.


Rental Car - This is my diesel-hybrid Toyota Yaris... love it.
I was supposed to get this VW Up... note the parking spot lines for size. The Yaris is tiny, but I am happy I didnæt get the Up.

They have these great signs on the road. This one says "Are you speeding?"



No comments:

Post a Comment