Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Going Home Day Fourteen

I woke up in Dublin on the day I got to fly home with an email from change.org talking about how the Supreme Court upheld the travel ban. I was shocked, disappointed and heart broken. I walked downstairs to see my host and she asked me how I was and in my shock I was honest saying, "I am depressed that my Supreme Court would uphold such a racist decision." She then told me some of all the things I had missed in my world travels. 

I missed a lot! I left you all in charge and it all went to hell for those two weeks. My host was a talker and I was able to get her feelings on The Troubles. As an Irish person living in Dublin there is very much a sense of let them do as they want, it isn't our place to muck in their business. There are groups who are working on full unification, for sure, but for now they aren't violent, and that is much appreciated. 

To experience the amazing open arms of these two countries, something I always thought we had as well, I am full to the brim with world love and happiness... I know I can be Pollyanna, but dammit it shouldn't be naive to believe in the best for this world. I will continue to live that way, because it makes me feel good. The more of us who do feel positive, can spread that good energy providing  more positivity to spread and hopefully the world will become what I just experienced: Nice, happy people, living the lives that make them happy and enriches their souls. I heard this again and again from my hosts and people I met along the way. Do what makes you happy and enriches your soul.


I took this picture in the airport in Dublin, and as I walked away, I told the woman who took the picture that I missed them, and an American woman walked by saying, "I don't." That is what America is about and having the freedom to have differing opinions is a good thing. I love when people disagree with honesty from their hearts, that is how you have a productive conversation.

Thank you for going on my trip with me. I hope you learned and were inspired to take a trip yourselves. I would recommend going to Ireland first, it was a bit of a let down after the fjords of Norway.

Listen and speak with honesty from your hearts my friends.

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment