Friday, July 27, 2018

Ireland Day Eight - Reset day

So you have seen these pics before, but I realized I had a rest day here that I missed out on.

When I planned my trip to Norway, I found an Airbnb in Northern Ireland for $18 a night, and the flight from Oslo to Dublin was $74... how could I NOT go to Ireland.

All of my planning for this trip focused on seeing everything in Norway and hiking near my bnb in Garvagh and biking around the area. I didn't plan to see much, I wanted a mediation week... and then I drove the roads from Dublin to Garvagh and knew I needed to come up with new plans. Those roads are not safe for walking or biking!!

I knew that Giant's Causeway was close but I knew nothing else. EEK! This first day in N. Ireland was a ready the pamphlets in the bnb and google the hell out of the area. I apologize for the double post, cause there won't be any new pics today, but I am also very happy that this happened.

In the past month I have been in three countries and three states (I am not counting one airport). I am shocked and surprised at how diverse this world is, and yet how similar. I KNOW the world is diverse, but to see it and have such an amazing experience is truly life changing.

I spent a week in Vancouver/Portland right after I recovered from the jetlag. This earth has amazing experiences hidden for us to find, and universally (in my trip experiences) kind and helpful people. Not once was I concerned for my safety, I left my rental cars unlocked to run and see something. A man pumped my gas because that "Spigot in hard" I thought I was being punked. I shared sleeping space with people from Russia, Germany, Malasia, America, Netherlands, Ireland, and they were to the person, funny, kind and interested in my life experience, as I was in theirs. We figured out how to communicate, and we enjoyed each other. I talked a little politics in Ireland, and with Russian and Norwegian couples, and it was a sympathetic and self deprecating about our governments and how they are working in the world. I learned about my country from them, with their full respect of me and my experience. I didn't look at the news while I was gone, More on that on Day 14.

My horizons have always be broad due to my trip to Indonesia when I was 15, but to do this trip on my own, as a 44-year old woman my eyes are wide open, and I am ready to go and see what the earth has in store for me.

Norway is the least religious country in Europe, they believe in the human experience and in their land; being guardians of their land. I have never seen such happy and welcoming people, this is what I have tried to be in my life so far, and this trip has caused me to refine my beliefs even more so.

I don't have Facebook friends who haven't impacted me in some way, if you are reading this it is because I love you, and you have helped to make me the wonderful woman I am. I thank you all for loving me everyday, and I thank you for taking this trip with me.

As Always... HUGS!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stayed at a great Airbnb (for $18 a night, how could I NOT go to Northern Ireland) just outside the town of Garvagh, UK. The owners run a small pond called Temple Springs Fishery, where they teach people to fish. This side career is what keeps them sane since he is a mechanic.

The Neighbors













Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment